Police and SafeWork NSW are investigating after a roofing contractor touched live wires and died while working in Sydney’s west.
The 24-year-old man was working at Moorebank alongside four other men when the incident occurred before 2pm yesterday.
Emergency services understand the man was holding a metal pole when he brushed against electrical wires near the building and was electrocuted.
His four co-workers were rescued from the roof with one man taken to Liverpool Hospital suffering severe burns to his legs.
A team from Endeavour Energy rushed to the site to cut power to the building, allowing emergency services to finally reach the man but he was unable to be saved.
A crew from Fire and Rescue NSW helped free his body from the site.
A report will be prepared for the coroner.
You might also like
More from World
Friends and workmates can be our worst enemies when it comes to healthy eating. According to new research conducted by …
US President Donald Trump. PHOTO: Jim WATSON / AFPThe United States and European powers voiced sharply differing views on issues …